What's More Calming than a Lavender Soak?
Claire is bringing in the fall with soothing lavender vibes. What’s your favorite soothing bath?
A soothing lavender bath is great for a bedtime routine or post-immunizations. But, we all know this is also especially good for YOU. Grab some candles a glass of ice water and a glass of wine. Lock the door. Take a soak. But, first, make it!
Soothing Lavender Bath Soak
Need: Baggie or Jar, Epsom Salts, Essential Oils, Lavender flowers (opt)
- Half full: Fill a bag (or Mason jar if you’re gifting) halfway with Epsom salts. You can buy in any pharmacy or grocery store.
- Essential Oils: Add about 12 drops of lavender essential oil. Maybe 2 – 4 drops of mint, too if you like. Close container. (Now is a good time to turn on your favorite music). Shake it up.
- Flowers for looks: Remove the lid or open the bag. Add about 1 tablespoon of dried lavender flowers. Close, and shake.
- Second half to fill: Add more Epsom salts to fill your container. Shake it up.
- For you? Grab some candles, a glass of ice water and maybe a glass of wine if that’s on your agenda. Lock the door. For your baby? Grab your Warm Heart Bath Bib or Warm Hug Bath Swaddle by Hummingbird Infant and bathe as usual adding a sprinkling of Soothing Lavender Bath Soak to their warm water.
Epsom Salt is magnesium sulfate, it is not table salt, it does not contain either sodium or chloride (which is good, because sodium is dangerous for babies).
Since it is not a sodium, a bath Epsom salt is OK for babies and can sometimes help to soothe them. Taken orally it is a laxative so shouldn't be near the mouth. We parents deal with enough poop.
Hummingbird Infant brings you warm, calming, connected and loving bath time with your baby.
What's your favorite calming bath?
Sarah is a birth mom, adoptive mom, wife, working mom and optimist. She is the founder of Hummingbird Infant where warm, loving, calm baths are made into a reality. Sign up for our free confidence-boosting weekly Baby Buzz email for insights to help you in your parenting journey in all facets of the first years of parenting.