Questions for your kids
WITHOUT ANY prompting, ask your child these questions and write down or video EXACTLY what they say. It is a great way to find out what they really think. If you have more than one child, be sure the other is not around to hear the answers. The differences with each child is priceless!
Some questions might be skipped. For example #21 and #23 depending on your birth and life situation.
You can substitute Mom with Grandpa, Dad, Aunt Sarah, etc. and use the video as a birthday gift, holiday gift or a great pick me up on any day of the week. Have fun!!
1. What is something mom always says to you?
2. What makes mom happy?
3. What makes mom sad?
4. How does your mom make you laugh?
5. What was your mom like as a child?
6. How old is your mom?
7. How tall is your mom?
8. What is her favorite thing to do?
9. What does your mom do when you're not around?
10. If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
11. What is your mom really good at?
12. What is your mom not very good at?
13. What does your mom do for a job?
14.What is your mom's favorite food?
15.What makes you proud of your mom?
16. If your mom were a character, who would she be?
17. What do you and your mom do together?
18. How are you and your mom the same?
19. How are you and your mom different?
20. How do you know your mom loves you?
21. What does your mom like most about your dad?
22. Where is your mom's favorite place to go?
23. How old was your Mom when you were born?
PS - I remembered and searched this list out from an old Facebook post so am unsure of the creator. But, thank you! We love the changes in answers year over year.
Sarah is a birth mom, adoptive mom, wife, working mom and optimist. She is the founder of Hummingbird Infant. Sign up for our free confidence-boosting weekly Baby Buzz email for insights to help you in your parenting journey.