Fabric Face Mask Effectiveness, Instructions and Care
FABRIC FACE MASK EFFECTIVENESS
To be most effective, your fabric face mask must:
1. Fully cover your nose and mouth. This video shows you why.
2. Only be worn by those over the age of 2 and those able to remove the mask without assistance. This is for safety.
3. Be disposed of in the laundry and washed between wears.
- Use the three pleats on the mask to allow for expansion and coverage over nose, mouth, and chin.
- Wash in hot water
- Have multiple fabric face masks so you have availability while laundering
INSTRUCTIONS for MASK WEAR
1. Wash your hands prior to putting on your mask.
2. Place the mask on your face and secure the elastics over your ears. Avoid touching the mask with your hands. If you should touch it, make sure you wash your hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
3. Discontinue using a mask that is damp.
4. To remove your mask, treat a worn mask as though it's contaminated. Don't touch the fabric part of the mask, remove by taking the elastics off your ears. Discard in washer. Wash hands immediately after discarding the mask.