Expectant Moms - What A Girl Wants
10 Pandemic & Pregnant Surprises (some for little or no money)
1. Old fashioned snail mail with a new twist. Send a postcard from your phone.
A perfect use of that hilarious, memorable or sentimental photo of you two together. No trips to the post office for stamps. Win. Win.
Touchnote and several other apps allow you to easily pop an image from your camera into a postcard and send it to your expectant mom in the mail.
Better: Encourage 10 friends to do the same.
Ever had a craving and not been able to leave the house? Pregnant mamas are encouraged to not leave the house, even for groceries. Ask for her grocery list, and order away!
3. Food delivery gift cards so there is no cooking required. And, local restaurants could really use your business right now, too.
4. Forget dinner. Give me snacks!
- Eastern Standard Provisions pretzel care packages support small business and deliver ready to bake, artisan pretzels to your door.
- Local chocolatier -- we love Tifa! Support your local version
- Lots of baby brands do giveaways. Keep your eyes peeled or follow #giveaway and get them signed up. We post our giveaways here!
- Reimagine your baby shower. Request the gifts for your bestie and surprise her with a delivery from her family and friends. Do a driveby parade. Use your imagination!
Zoom to the rescue! Luckily, What to Expect has a full tutorial on how to set up a zoom baby shower with a free call (keep it under 40 minutes or just go back to the link if it drops), free baby shower background, and keep it at a 40 - 90-minute time frame. We at Hummingbird Infant have participated in a virtual baby shower and they are SO much fun. This one is an Instagram Giveaway. (See #5)
7. Ease their fears
- Free guides for bathtime, diapering, and putting that tricky onesie on an infant
- Offer to purchase a video conference with a sleep expert, doula, or breastfeeding expert they trust
- Provide access to your favorite trusted resources
8. Make them laugh in your own special way.
9. Plan a weekly zoom or facetime call on your newly open calendar.
10. Social distance walk. If your state and health permits, take a walk with your masks on and six feet apart. While texts are nice, time together is priceless.
Hummingbird Infant assures your time bathing baby is quality time! Our products keep your baby warm, secure, no-slip, safe, and naturally calm at bath time, so you can be too. Because while a hard, plastic infant bathtub can be useful, being wrapped in a cozy, snuggly, womb-like Warm Hug Bath Swaddle and Warm Heart Bath Bib makes bath time enjoyable and stress-free for you both.